From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:56:37 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/00 6:25:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< As for the claim that sexism in some form has distorted the
 interpretation of the paleo record, I wouldn't be so quick to
 dismiss it.  In particular, there is a growing body of evidence
 to suggest that in most environments meat was an important food
 but did not dominate the diet in the way that is sometimes
 supposed.  >>

I'm not doubting that paleo theories may be incorrect, since it did
spark
that old memory of _The Descent of Woman_.  But the way they present
their
'evidence' is to call men egotists, when they also state that modern
testing
devices weren't available.  They also provide no references.

I did some looking into this group, and it is a mental health
organization.
They believe in diet via psychobabble and a series of mental
exercises.
Their free E-book is a tickler to buy their pay-per-download E-book.
They do
believe that diets don't work, and the diet industry is making
millions off
poor fat slobs.  Then they charge you to find out how they don't make
money
off poor fat slobs.

I just wasn't impressed with them.  That doesn't mean I disagree that
foraging had a larger part in things.

Denise