From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2012 04:03:28 -0500
Since Ron has decided to demonstrate his innate "kindness"(lol)  by misinforming the group about me, I feel I need to point out a few corrections, and I hope that there will be an end to this and we can actually go on discussing the paleolithic diet instead. I had a spat with Ron a long while back on this forum. He had no idea what I was talking about at the time(I had actually not been attacking hunter-gatherers, I had merely been criticising the lame Noble-Savage theory as espoused by Dr Weston Price, he misunderstood and reacted badly and then we BOTH started being rude and aggressive towards each other. At the end, Ron then stated that he would never again reply to my posts, which, imo, is a troubling sign of immaturity.  What amuses me is that the only useful information I ever got from Ron has been a public website or two on the paleo diet. His writings on this list, though, have been largely disappointing to say the least, so  I feel I benefitted from the arrangement. After all, we, in the modern world, are swamped daily with too much useless information, as it is.

As regards my "shock jock" approach, well, I happen to be a fan of  George Carlin who was famous for his outspokenness.  That said,  I clearly went over the top this time. When one becomes an owner or Moderator of a particular online group, one sometimes can forget that the wide freedom of expression one can get away with on one's own forum is not appropriate on other forums.

Geoff