From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:52:23 +1030
Kirt,

>Calcium? Who knows, but if
>the flavor/experience is attractive to you, it probably is on track.

Well - I wouldn't go so far as to say it's attractive, but I certainly
don't find it unpleasant either. I'd say that the attraction is more
cerebral than biochemical - hence my question. If I can feel that I'm
getting some useful nutrients for my efforts, then it's likely to become
more attractive. ;)

>Trust your inclinations.

Of course. And they vary from time to time, too. On the whole, I'd say
they're fairly neutral. But the idea of chewing on some relatively soft
bones is still far more appealing to me than boiling the bones for hours in
order to extract the calcium. (But of course I might get more from them by
the latter method.)

> > Then there are the structures that are tougher than flesh, but softer than
> > bone (I'm not sure what they're called).
>
>Cartilage (sp?).

Cartilage, yes. I remembered the word after I had sent my post. :)

Barbara