From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:05:46 +1100
Hi Amadeus,

I have to say the below is one of the weirdest and least probably
theories I have heard regarding paleo and prehistoric food sources..

Have you ever tried eating raw tubers and spuds? You would probably be
dead if you relied on raw tubers as your staple diet. Apart from a large
percentage being toxic in a raw state, its unlikely they would simply
meet the nutritional needs of previous and current human beings.

Everyone is free to eat as they choose.. be it vegan or vegetarian.
However, if we are scientifically looking at how best our bodies
function and what primitive cultures ate, its mainly fantasy and weird
forms of guilt relief that lead people to immagine the answer was in any
way related to fructarianism, veganism, eating sprouts and tubers,
vegetarianism, natural hygiene, macrobiotics etc. etc.

There is so much disinformation out there regarding "warm and fuzzy"
feeling diets which don't match reality, and i don't think its needed
here as well.

reg.,
D.

>>The mainstream anthropology thinks that the main fallback food for
erectines was hunted game meat.
I follow the tuber path, it seems more probable to me.

However the bipedal hominids now walking upright into the heat of the
day
- with little fear of predators - have one more option to the gathering