From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 21:54:52 -0800
> >It seems that some posters never lived in a rural setting.> >When
young I ate green oat seeds,  grass stems and shoots of >tender plants as
I wandered the field and forest in Oregon.> >Some kids will try
anything.>>

This reminds me of when I was young......
I grew up on a self-supporting farm in the mountains of Northern
California.   Cows, sheep, chickens, pigs (only once, too messy), geese,
We all had own jobs and chores after school.  My mother did a lot of
canning and such. My father took care of the slaughter, always done a
weekend, he was out chasing the bad guys, he was a police officer. It was
a lot of fun growing our own food.  I recall going a lot of nature walks,
eating the wilds that we came upon. I also learned a lot from my
Grandmother on my Mom's side. She was full blooded American Indian. We
were taught a lot by my Grandmother on how to respect the land and only
take what you need. What is edible and what is not.
Trish
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.