From:
Adam Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:29:41 +1100
Hi,

I'm in my first days of going paleo, although I have been planning to go
down this path since I read Neanderthin a year ago. So far, so good. I was
not prompted to go paleo by any medical condition or a need to lose weight,
it just makes good sense to me.

Anyway, in a couple of years time we plan to move out to the country and try
our hands at becoming self sufficient in food. Paleo strikes me as the ideal
way to eat from a self sufficiency perspective in that there are no grains
to grow (and the subsequent work involved in turning them into food) and no
work in having milk cows to make cheese, yoghurt etc. All we need to do is
grow enough vegetables and berries along with fruit and nut trees and raise
enough livestock (grazing on grass) to supply my family's meat needs.

So, my question is, is there anyone on this list following a self
sufficiency lifestyle paleo style? I would be interested to hear how you are
going.

Thanks,
Adam.