From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:04:55 -0500
Julie, thank you for your reply.  My retest was just a shade above normal and
the test included cardiac and skeletal muscle fractions this time and it was all
skeletal;  I had played a three match tennis tournament over the weekend prior
and no doubt that was the reason for the slight elevation.  The previously
extremely high reading was,  I think a lab error.  My doctor had, however,
induced a little paranoia by mentining several insidious rheumotologic disorders
as possible causes of elevated cpk.  I must repeat that I was astounded that my
lipids were so favorable after a couple of weeks of 20 grams or less of carbs
and lots of eggs, meat and fat!!!
The hdl to  total cholesterol ratio was 3.0!  As another list member pinted
out,  my slightly high triglycerides (115) may have been due to fat metabolism
since I had lost several pounds in the prior two weeks.  Rick