From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:08:31 -0700
I got a message back from Art De Vany (Evolutionary Fitness) and he said...

¯------------------------------------------------------------------
Eggs are fine if eaten sporadically, rather than all the time.  Eggs would
have been a seasonal item.  Today I ate 5 egg whites and a grapefruit for
breakfast.  I included one yolk.  they were boiled.  You have to cook the
egg white to neutralize the avidin, which binds biotin and denies it to your
body.

Eggs, like all seeds--animal and plant--tend to contain high toxin or
antinutrient levels to protect the egg or seed.    A plant whose seeds are
highly edible could not reproduce successfully enough to survive the
competition.

Arthur De Vany                  Phone: (949) 824-5269
Social Science Plaza            Fax:   (949) 824-2182
Economics and Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697-5100
http://www.socsci.uci.edu/mbs/personnel/devany/devany.html

¯-----------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me that one needs to determine by trial and error how much eggs are OK.
I find that eating 6 eggs about every other day is OK for me.  If I eat a dozen in a day I get
a little bit of a buzz.
Currently I am reducing my egg intake some.
There is also the issue of cheese.  I love cheese omletts, but have cut back on them
recently.

>>> Kathy Harris <[log in to unmask]> 01/28/99 10:46AM >>>
Yep, I have an opinion - I LOVE my eggs and I wouldn't give em up!=)  I've
read posts on other lists about people eating lots of eggs and their
cholesterol #'s are good.  That's encouraging!
kathy h