From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:27:33 -0500
I weigh 125 lbs and right now am not too active as I am attending
graduate school and most of my free time is spent studying. I regularly
eat 200+ grams of protein a day without adverse effects.

Mark

Prior to reading Loren Cordain's book, I had understood the upper
limit on protein to avoid protein toxicity to be an absolute one
(as opposed to a percentage one) of about 200g per day. The book
says that for most people it is in the range 200 to 300g per day.

If that is the case, then the typical Paleo Diet data given on page
26 of his book, at 190g per day seems to taking things close to the
limit (for some people). Is it a good idea to take any part of the
body (e.g. the liver) close to its limits of coping?

P.Smith

---