From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:21:43 -0400

Thanks for mentioning Mackarness. I looked him up again and I knew he
advocated a low-carb, high-meat diet, but didn't realize that he mentioned
"Stone Age diet" in his book way back in 1958 until I read this:
http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/stone-age-diet-mackarne
ss.html. However, Mackarness, like Atkins, allowed unlimited dairy.

This site
http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/stone-age-diet-mackarne
ss.html says the following about Eat Fat and Grow Slim: "In the 1975
edition, this includes a historical analysis of diets from Harvey-Banting to
Robert Atkins and Herman Taller, and features the work of Blake Donaldson,
Vilhjalmur Stefansson and Alfred Pennington, who all promoted an Inuit-style
meat-only diet. Mackarness extols the virtues of Pemmican, discusses food
allergies, examines carbohydrate addiction and touches on related
psychology."