From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 05:52:15 -0500
>I've decided to break myself in gradually.  Today, I took 3 carrots to
>work with me, which I had about 1pm.  When I finished (5.30) I picked
>up one of Tesco's finest (bacon joint!) which I ate about 6.30.  It's
>now 11 and I just had to make myself eat the lamb mince and onion dish
>I prepared last night- I really wasn't hungry, despite eating only one
>meal.  I also had to force down myself half a bag of radishes, a whole
>iceberg lettuce and half a box of mushrooms to stop them going out of
>date.  I will probably buy less veg in future...

>What I found is that through the day I had hunger pangs that came and
>went.  It was almost like my body was saying "eat, eat, eat... ok I'll
>let you get on with work for a bit... eat, eat eat..." repeatedly.  I
>intend to build myself up so I can go the whole day with no food
>whatsoever and survive on one meal a day, either about 6.30pm or
>10.30pm, depending on what training I have to do that night.  It would
>be so liberating and save me so much money!

This is definitely interesting and worth trying. I try to fast every Monday
but have a hard time making it through the day. I guess I could start by
reducing food and like Ashley said above, breaking myself in slowly. It is
appealing from the standpoint that I wouldn't have to prepare a bunch of
food to take to work with me - currently I eat breakfast, lunch, and a snack
at work and I try to eat lots of veggies every day. My only concern would be
getting enough veggies for the day if I only eat one meal. I guess it's
worth experimenting with.

Kristina