From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:58:43 +0100
On Apr 18, 2004, at 9:56 am, Gerard Farrell wrote:

> BTW, I knew someone and they had that condition so bad that they could
> spend
> half an hour showering and five minutes later you couldn't stand
> beside them
> with the B.O
> I presume this is the same condition. I know it affected that woman a
> lot.
> She would barely leave the house.

There are different forms of hyperhidrosis.  Mine wasn't that bad- I
sweated a lot of water out when I was hot or exercising (or nervous, I
used to be a bad nervous sweater) but I didn't smell _too_ bad,
although it tended to get worse in summer.  Some people have problems
with sweating of the palms and feet.

I can't believe it's as genuine natural problem for humans because it
affects far too much of the population and it's quite a serious problem
when you think about it.  Ignoring the smell issue, water is a valuable
commodity to the body and HH suffers would struggle in the wild on hot
days if they were far from water.

I started a paleo diet group on Yahoo, it currently has just 1 member
(apart from me).  He (or she I can't remmeber) is a HH sufferer who
wanted to try the diet and see if it had any effect.  But he/she is
also very quiet (and not a native English speaker) so I don't know if I
will ever hear the results.  Maybe someone on the list knows a HH
sufferer they could guinea pig the diet on!