From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:55:07 -0700
Dates contain huge amounts of sugar and are paleo (yumm!), I believe
something like 5 - 10grams of sugar in a regular sized date. They used
to use date syrup before the days of refined sucrose.

Dates make me temporarily bloated but no ill effects otherwise, whereas
a dessert containing refined sucrose makes me feel kind of sick. Of
course the dessert contains other things that are paleo-naughty
including wheat, cream, etc.

--Richard  (Tarzana)