From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 21:10:23 -0700
Yep. In fact, that's the point that Gerald Reaven makes in his book on
Insulin resistance -- in his insulin resistance diet he substitutes fats
for carbohydates. Of course, he is phobic toward saturated fat so he
doesn't recommend eating a la Atkins. He recommends vegetables oils in
place of carbs. Sally Fallon also recommends a diet where the calories
come mainly from fat, very moderate protein and fairly low on the carbs.
  Check out how Sally eats:
http://westonaprice.org/nutrition_guidelines/boarddiets.html

Although she doesn't eat strictly paleo -- she definitely makes a point
of getting enough fat in her diet.

Liz

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/