From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:07:59 -1000
>So, how do you dry yolks? Does the fat go rancid?
>
>Ilya

Crack the eggs open discard the whites--I guess that's called separating,
eh?--leave the yolk in a half shell and put the shell back into the egg
carton. You could do this with a dozen eggs easily. Then put the carton in
front of a fan or simply out them in a frostfree refridgerator and they
will crust over and eventually dry out.

They don't taste rancid to me--just stronger, liked they were cooked in a
way: egg jerky ;)

OTOH, since eggs generally improve in flavor as they age there is little
point to me in drying them. Who knows?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft