From:
Kirk Kleinschmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2010 22:51:06 -0800
Must be a regional thing!

Here in the Midwest, at least in my 47 years, it's paper filters 998, washable metal baskets 2, cotton 0 and hemp 0.

My nod to things green is to use unbleached, minimally processed, paper filters.  :)

Thanks,

--Kirk in MJN

PREVOUS MESSAGE:
Really? I've seen hemp, cotton, and washable metal filters abound in the American market. If anything, paper filters have (for me at least) become anachronistic, as neither I nor anyone I know continues to use them. Perhaps it is because of the recent popularity of the green movement, but based on anecdotal evidence (the best kind!) paper filters are used pretty rarely.