From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:54:47 -0700
On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:16:54 -0400, Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I believe that obesity is a symptom that become a cause of bad health.
>Years ago my internist told me that of all of my problems ( thyroid
>cancer, another very rare form of cancer, high blood pressure,
>fibromyalgia, depression etc.), my obesity was the worst problem.

Yes, I think that an extreme excess of body weight can then cause other problems
as it puts stress on body parts, as well as making exercise yet more difficult,
causing someone to exercise even less, etc.

I should note that high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, and depression all are
known to respond well to a low carbohydrate diet, supplemented with fish oil
capsules (for the Omega-3 fatty acids).

Cancer is a highly complicated issue - about all I know concerning that is that
antioxidants are considered helpful, and that berries are considered perhaps the
most effective natural antioxidant foods.

--
Cheers,

Ken