From:
Alex Shvartsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:51:01 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
 > Alex,
 > I DID buy a freezer.  Got a standing, not deep freezer.  Also I got a
 > frost-free...not about to spend time defrosting. I can also fit things
 > on top of the upright as opposed to the chest.  It is worth it to me,
 > for I expect to be buying meat in quantities.  And my husband got a
 > deer not too long ago.  I also purchased a food saver for the
 > more-expensive type of cuts.  That is one of those machines that wraps
 > meats,etc and vacuum selas them.  I am afraid that if i dont eat the
 > meat fast enough it may end up with freezer burn.  We decided to go in
 > with another family next time that way the meat goes quicker and less
 > chance of freezer burn.
 > Lil

I bought a dehydrator 2 months ago for jerky, and I recently bought an
electric deli style meat slicer :could never cut the meat just right (love
that e-bay) the slicer arrived today, can't wait to try it (the meat is
defrosting now) my next purchase is the freezer and as you mentioned, I am
seriously considering the food saver for the very same reasons.
  How big is your freezer unit? How much meat do you buy at a time?
any tips on purchasing one?
Alex