From:
vicki genz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 04:34:27 -0700
I am wondering if people understand that we are all different, and what
works for some doesn't for others. I have never drank a ton of coffee a
day, but a couple of cups don't bother me and I usually find that green
tea (and tea has caffeine) makes me hungry . I have to say to some, get
real, you can't be running a round with a spear in tody's world, and if
you are, you are just playing. I try to work out a good diet with what
is available to me and I would never eat  somethings that others do like
ants and worms. I would never touch roadkill. That is because many
animals carry  germs that can be far worse  supermarket meat. Here is a
good one to throw out. My grandmother is 89, drank tons of coffee and
with nondairy creamer at that, and today she takes no medications at
all. The nurse told me she wished she was in as good a shape. People say
tomatoes are OK, and they are from the nightshade family that includes
tobacco and potatoes. They have alkaloids in them that are  toxic. So
never let any one book or person tell you what to eat and how to eat and
when to eat, they weren't there in Paleolithic times. Now all we can do
is figure out what feels good to us, and of course read scientific
studies on grains etc., and make our choices.  I also would debate the
issue of alcohol also. Have you ever seen movies of animals who ate
fermented fruit. Don't you think man was as capable . Always question
authority.
Vicki