From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 06:09:36 -0500
I got the above book also available in english, and recommended and excerpts
available at healingcrow.com.
Many of you may have read it.
Who hasn't, it should be a gem for all low carbers and neanderthinners.
Nicely describing all the insulin up/down, hormones, neoglocunesesis etc.
topics and som history with Stephansson etc included.
Nice case studies of diseases and fat loss.

I buyed it, because i hope to find some good evolutionary arguments for the
authors main topic: "no carbohydrate".

So far I didn't find more than the "because our paleolithic anchestors ate
mostly wild game" view.
Which i think is basically *wrong* like i have debated with you in many
threads and sessions.

Well on the other side I think basically he's *right* with the whole
direction (condemning carbohydrate).

It depends on the implementation and point to start from.
Since very few people eat carbohydrates in a natural form (e.g. a whole
grain, soaked or sprouted) it's a very good direction to incriminate all
carbohydrates.
But "how to" then is the question.
The simplest way of course is to eat much meat with very much fat.
This has some problems, most of which could be solved by a sufficient
vegetables and fruit in the diet and a very good meat quality.

If you wan to live vegetarian (avoiding meat for some reason) the modern
implementation is more difficult.
Not if you include milk protein (quark).
Else you have to have the nerve to go into more expensive and less available
things like nuts/almonds/pumpkin/sunflowers.
And bigger volumes of vegetables...

Now heading for the salad. Cheers Amadeus.