From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 10:19:00 +0100
On 29 May 2008, at 23:08, Alec Wood wrote:

> This requires you to believe the Peak Oil Myth, Because without it
> they couldn't get away charging $5.00 a gallon for gas.

Does it matter either way?

Situation A: the oil will run out - prices go up naturally,
conventional farming becomes un-economic, we are forced to switch to
organic farming

Situation A: the oil companies and/or our governments are running a
cartel - prices go up artifically, conventional farming becomes un-
economic, we are forced to switch to organic farming

The outcome looks the same to me.

The question is, do our governments have a vested interest in making
us eat grains?  (And depending on what that interest it, do they know
it?)

Ashley