From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:16:12 -0800
I'll order the cheaper K-2, and I'm assuming you are taking 2 per day to achieve 30 mg per day?   We have a newly opened   apothecary in town, and I was thinking of seeing if I could get a lugols type iodine that contains both iodine/iodide.   I snack on raw dulse daily, and sprinkle kelp powder over everything, but perhaps not enough iodine.  I eat lots of venison and lamb, so I can't imagine I have a zinc deficiency.

I'm going to run the thyroid panel by my Chinese DOM, and see if she has a formula to help support my glandular system.

If you don't mind one more question:  Can you recommend a substitute for Gatorade that the colonoscopy procedure requires the day before (upwards of 64 ounces to replenish electrolytes lost during the "clean out" phase).  There is no way I'll drink that stuff, but I don't want to get too wiped out prior to the scope.  I'm thinking coconut water, or a recharge type drink???   I try to do a low - medium carb ./high fat paleo diet, so I watch sugar intake in foods.  I'm sure Gatorade would put me into  blood sugar orbit.

The links you sent are great, btw.  And no, I am not going to sue you for quasi medical malpractice....LOL, no worries.

Enjoy the day!
Batsheva