From:
Jan Harkness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:37:15 -0700
I have been lurking for a couple of weeks looking for inspiration to quit dairy.  I was a member of this list last summer and thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts and learning about the paleo way of eating.  I lost another 20# as a result.  I have been on Atkins since 10/99 and love this WOL.  I am a 60yo female and have lost a total of 40#, plus have my chloresterol in good ratios.  BUT, I have not muscled up at all!  I fear it is because of my addiction to dairy.  I enjoy chai tea every day with cream, as well as cottage cheese.  I don't eat much hard cheese and don't eat any processed meats.

Please give me some incentives to omit the dairy from my diet!  Will eliminating cream help me lose fat?  I guess I am in limbo right now.  I am like a drunk who knows alcohol is bad for them, but cannot quit.  I need some guidance and counseling.

TIA,
Jan in CO