Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:10:00 -0400
From the book The Steak Lover's Diet:

"Only when meat in their diet was lacking did the men lose their
enthusiasm and become irritable with each other.

Not because of difficulties with the mountains, but because of the need
for meat food did they complain.  Lewis wrote, 'Not any of us have yet
forgotten our suffering in those mountains in September last and I think
it's probable we never shall.'

Among the great discoveries made by the Lewis and Clark expedition, the
finding that a high cholesterol/fat diet is associated with vigorous
health is one of the greatest."

So, what do you all think of these relatively modern hunter/gathers'
experiences?

Paula H.