From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:31:03 -0500
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:13:57 -0800, Neil Abrahams <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Prof. Cordain, in Paleodiet, says that excessive Omega-6 EFA consumption
>is bad, so says not to consume almonds, among many other nuts and oils.
>First, does anyone know what the actual amounts are.  But what interests
>me is the question of whether it's the ratio itself that effects health,
>and not the actual quantity of one or the other, alone, that counts.  I
>like almonds and almond milk, so if it's the ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6
>EFAs that count, then, if I know the quantity of 6's I'm consuming, I
>can be sure to get enough 3's.  The other components of almond oil don't
>seem to be a problem.

I'm not a fan of
any oils but don't mind eating certain nuts and seeds. See
the following page. It has some information about the amount of omega-3 and
omega-6 in oils, nuts and seeds, including almonds. Presumably accurate
values even if the author has a number of different views than me and many
others on what's healthy and not.
http://www.annecollins.com/dietary-fat/omega-3-efa-6-chart.htm

>And certainly, the almond board of California has sponsored research
>showing almonds to be a healthy food.

That is very convincing. Do you know that the sugar industry has sponsored
research reportedly showing that refined sugar is okey?

Fredrik