From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:18:22 -0400
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Richard Geller wrote:

> This is incredibly helpful! Thanks Todd and Alison and others on this list.
> For me this may be a missing link. I realize I have been too strict on low
> carbs and then binged, and this will help me. I will buy some paleo tubers
> and see how things go. It is true fruit does not seem to satisfy these
> cravings and I'd rather have a sweet potato and avoid binging on junk.

I hope it works.  You may remember that last year I had very good
results with the Anchell diet, but couldn't understand why.  And
as long as I stayed on it, the weight stayed off.  But it was
hard to maintain, not because of hunger but because of the
limited food choice.  Plus, I confess to having been a bit
brainwashed about starches, from being a paleo-lowcarb devotee
for so long.  So it took a lot longer to figure this out than it
should have.

I think that part of the explanation is the serotonin boost from
getting the starch with the evening meal.

Todd Moody