From:
Julie Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:58:49 -0800
Rainah wrote:

> Hot flashes is a hormonal problem..my question is "Why the
> imbalance?"  When I was a Veggie I ate soy products which had something
> in it that helped...Is there something paleo that can do the
> samething...Anybody?

Soy products have "phyto-estrogens" which was probably what
helped your menopausal symptoms.  There are other sources of
phytoestrogens, one of which is Mexican wild yams-- I have
no idea if these are paleo, but I do know that Ogen brand
estrogen (prescription) is made from extracts from the wild
yam.  Other prescription estrogen (Premarin) is extracted
from mare urine-- what do ya'llthink, would that be paleo?
Don't think so.  Anyone know about the Mexican Wild yam, or
other sources of phytoestrogen?

Julie