Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:19:43 -0600
> *** I hear this argument--milk is for baby cows (or baby whatever mammal).
> Is cow flesh custom made for humans to eat? Is honey? You can make the
> argument that humans have had a longer time to adapt to eating cow flesh
> than they have to drinking cow milk, but I don't really buy the argument
> that we shouldn't drink the milk of other species because it is only for
> babies of that species, but we should eat meat from other species.

Some proteins in milk are pretty specific to milk, and differ somewhat from
species to species. I don't claim to know how important these differences
are.

Just as an example, we can digest some sugars and not others, and some
sugars at one stage of life but not at other stages. Lactose-intolerant
people don't digest the milk sugar properly. Has nothing to do with the milk
proteins, a whole nuther problem.

Interesting question about meat is, which meats did our ancestors actually
eat? Maybe cow wasn't on the menu much, but gazelle was, or mammoth. Could
be we are perfectly adapted to eating mammoth!

Anyone here ever try elephant? I have eaten some pretty strange animals, but
not that. Yet.