From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:13:37 +1100
>>Eating raw meat--perhaps still warm
> from a kill--is not very appealing anyone I know, and I don't think it's
just
> cultural habit.

I have to say, I haven't met too many culture's (except the abnormal
western/SAD culture) that does not eat raw meat.

Japanese eat a tonne of raw sashimi each year. Middle easterners, starting
from ages ago, still eat many raw beef and lamb dishes such as kafte etc.
they mix the raw meat with some herbs and maybe some onion/garlic, but its
pure raw.
Aboriginals still eat raw insects here, as well as animals such as kangaroo
with little or no cooking.

Like anything else, you can get used to it and end up liking it. It was
quoted by someone else how people love corn, icecream, sugar etc. It's
mostly a childhood thing anyway.. people will always revert to what they
grew up on and felt "safe" with, unless they consciously change their map.

Dean.