From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:30:26 -0600
Adam Sroka wrote:

> Nonetheless, adaptation to the Neolithic style of eating is vital to the
> continued ability of homo sapiens to thrive. We cannot feed the
> population and maintain our infrastructure on a mostly Paleolithic diet.
> Thus, in a very real sense, the Neolithic diet is the "diet of the
> future" and the Paleolithic Diet is a throwback.

Ummm, actually we can't feed the world on a Neo diet if we
run out of petroleum (or the price escalates much further).
 The present human population of the world
is well beyond the number that can be supported without the
help of fossil fuels.  Grass-fed beef, etc., is a very low-energy
source of excellent food.  Corn and soy use terrifically high amounts
of resources for fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, and many tractor
runs across the field.

Learning how to feed populations locally, with low-resource-cost
paleo foods, IS the "diet of the future" in my opinion.

    Lynnet