Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:02:09 -0700
--- Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>
> >> a preference for the smell of
> ketones on the breath would
> >> have been passed down, rather than an aversion.
> >
> Not only that, but apparently our species finds---or
> used to
> find---body odor and particularly underarm stench to
> be quite
> alluring,

There are a lot of places now where people don't use
deodorant and seem to still keep having kids.  It
wasn't that long ago that one bath a week was
considered more than enough in the US.

=====
Rachel Aschmann
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/Garden/4786/
- They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -
 - Benjamin Franklin, 1759