From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:32:46 MDT
Valerie wrote:

>If you have a particularly strong stomach, check out this website of foods
>and ads from the '50s in the USA...

Bwah ha ha!  Just yesterday, my boss and I were discussing food ads and
marketing campaigns and how they've changed.  Remember "Sugar Pops"?  Now,
they're called "Corn Pops."  KFC used to be Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it's
not nutritionally correct to point out the fact that it's fried.  The list
goes on and on.  We're being bamboozled left and right.

Food from the 50's always did look plastic to me, sort of June
Cleaver-esque.  Thanks for the laugh!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO