Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:56:34 +0100
Theola,

For the last couple of years I've been worried I was developing arthritis... particularly in the knees... been eating paleo for almost 4 yrs now so found it puzzling... the pain and discomfort increased dramatically in the last couple of months... but...

Recently, I found the Connective Tissue Disorder Site --http://www.ctds.info/index.html... somewhere there [can't find it now] there's an article about foods containing salycilates... almonds contain probably the highest levels of salycilates... I realised that my increased pain correlated with my 'discovery' of Spanish Maracona almonds... as they are SO yummy I was helping myself to a small handful each time I passed by the jar... so I gave up on the almonds... within a few days the pain was virtually gone..!

Hope this helps,

Dedy