Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:38:08 -0500
In her research, Dr. Campbell-McBride discovered that nearly all of the
mothers of autistic children have abnormal gut flora, which is
significant because newborns inherit their gut flora from their mothers
at the time of birth. Establishing normal gut flora in the first 20 days
or so of life plays a crucial role in the maturation of your baby's
immune system. Babies who develop abnormal gut flora are left with
compromised immune systems, putting them at higher risk for suffering
vaccine reactions.

If your baby has suboptimal gut flora, vaccines can become the
proverbial "last straw"—the trigger that "primes" his/her immune system
to develop chronic heath problems.

In short, there is a close connection between abnormal gut flora and
abnormal brain development—a condition Dr. Campbell-McBride calls Gut
and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS).The best way to prevent GAPS is for the
mother to avoid all antibiotics and birth control pills prior to
conception and then by breastfeeding and avoiding the use of antibiotics
after delivering.  This is because they destroy the balance of gut
floras and promote the growth of pathogenic bacteria.

From:http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/01/24/new-evidence-refutes-fraud-findings-in-dr-wakefield-case.aspx?e_cid=20120124_DNL_art_2

Seriously iodine-deficient mothers bear cretins.
I suggest that brain maintenance also needs the proper gut flora, which
depends on the gut environment created by our food choices.
The present gut environment of those who do not supplement with iodine
includes the poison bromine, resulting in mental deficiency vividly
described by Ben Balzer, to wit: "we are all barking mad".

William