Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:21:41 -0400
Last night I got a call from the Wilderness Society.  We'd made a modest
donation last year.  The guy on the phone asked if they could count on us to
make a $50 donation again this year.  I told him I wasn't  sure about that
right now.  He assured me  *Your donation of $50 will protect 60 million
acres of wilderness.*  Wow!  That's a lot of acreage!!  He told me they'd be
sending something in the mail this week.

I got of the phone and told Don, who wondered what someone was trying to
sell me :))!  When I told him, he said *that's not bad.  $50 and we protect
60 MILLION ACRES???!!*  I replied, *I wish it was so easy!!!!* :))

We wondered if we gave them $100 if that would protect 120 million acres.
Then, smart Don said *Did you ask if we could live on it???  That's a really
decent rent!!!*  ;-)  I said *Great idea!  I didn't think of that!! ;-))  We
could more easily protect it if we lived on it.  Hey, we could invite all
our friends too--all the Paleo folks!!!*  We thought of a bunch of you guys
& gals!!  Brilliant idea!!  Hey, we could hunt, fish, harvest fruit (okay,
maybe plant some fruit trees and....... maybe if a whole bunch of us gave
them money we could.....

(there was more but that was the gist of it!!)  That was the most fun we had
from a phone solicitation!!! ;-))

Rachel
(who has a great imagination!!)