From:
Andrea Luxenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:10:54 -0800
We celebrated Thanksgiving on the 11th (for family, cultural, and religious reasons).  We had one paleo eater, one ovo-lacto-pescaterian, two diabetics, and one with several common allergies which I did not know about.  Next year...

So I made a delicious pork rind-sausage stuffing, green beans with pine nuts and green beans with bacon, stevia-sweetened spicy cranberry sauce. Pumpkin pie was made with coconut milk and no crust, but escaped paleo-ness by being sweetened with Splenda (I transgress for special occasions.) My daughter brought scads of gluten-free, dairy-free, but Splenda and xylitol sweetened goodies, all based on almond flour and eggs - my favorite was the gingerbread, which was almond flour, eggs, and lots of pureed ginger. The tahini cookies were great as well: tahini, eggs, sweetener, and enough almond flour to make balls you could roll in sesame seeds before baking.  I intend to do some experimenting with stevia....

Other, non-paleo, dishes, of course, but you don't want to hear about those.

Andromeda