From:
"James P. Fisher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:57:09 -0400
Regarding Bison Meat...

...I have a catalog entitled "The American Gourmet" from The SayersBrook
Bison Ranch (6286 Spencer Road, Bonne Terre, MO 63628 / 1-888-472-9377).
They've got quite a selection of bison delicacies, and also ostrich and a
few others.  From what I can see, the prices are roughly 2-3 times what
you'd pay for your typical ground hamburger, depending upon your area.

I called this company a few days ago to find out if the bison were
range-fed, as opposed to grain/corn fed.  I was told that they ate their
natural food on the range up until 2 weeks before bye-bye time -- at which
point they were fed corn to make them tastier.

My question:  Does anyone know the extent to which 2 weeks of corn feeding
is going to affect their fat composition?  I would hazard a guess that it's
might not be a substantial effect...but it would be good to know for score
here.

Jim