From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:26:58 -0500
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:46:20 -0500, Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>"Well" formed certain shapes display actual prosperity and youth.
>
>Ah!  You're giving a great deal of credit to the discrimination of the
>male mammal!  Females give more credence to prosperity and youth than
>males.  Males tend to just spray seed and hope for the best.

Well, I tend to suspect that females like the shapes signaling prosperity
and power in men as well. ;-)

A woman invests a lot of work and stress for raising not only her own, but
also a man's child. The child has much better chances with a man present,
giving more than just his sperm. Protection for example.

That's a good reason for males to be present for her offspring and for
females to select well shaped partners (with more than just sperm).

>As a green-eyed human (also rare), ....

Yes ,green eyes of course same as blue, also blond hair.

About DHA (rather my topic):
As far as the breast enlarging, particularly after birth is
only caused by increased fat deposits, DHA wouldn't be involved much.

As far as the breast enlarging when lactating is more than this: bigger
cells with more DHA synthesizing capacity, I see a good evolutionary reason
to develope bigger breasts.

And for the big breast to signal a real good property for a man
to benefit his offspring: More DHA for a smarter brain.

If the size was only ment to work as an attraction signal, btw,
why should they enlarge in the lactation period?

regards, A.