From:
"Ron Hoggan, Ed. D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:06:42 -0700
Hi David,
Please read Cholesterol Myths by Uffe Ravnskoff and Good Calories Bad
Calories by Gary Taubes. That should answer your question about cholesterol
and meat consumption.

Only some Paleo dieters advocate lean meat. Vilhjalmur Stefansson
recommended 70-80% fat and 20-30% protein. That is exactly the ratio that
Johns Hopkins has found ideal for controlling seizures in people who did not
respond to medications.

Perhaps you have lost your ability to produce intrinsic factor. That would
be worth checking with your physician on, and is one of the unfortunate but
common side effects of a strict vegetarian lifestyle.

You seem to have bought into the faulty notion that fats are unhealthy. Try
eating meats with a lot of fat on them to see how you respond to that.
Saturated fats are just fine. But don't load up on just protein or you will
make yourself sick. It would make anyone sick.

Good luck,
Ron