From:
Dedy Rundle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:28:34 -0000
It might be worth mentioning that there must have been a VARIETY of
paleolithic dwellings in a VARIETY of geographical areas around the globe
where sleeping patterns would have been VARIED according to season, climate
and the necessities of food gathering including night time hunting.

The Inuit for all their renowned high fat and protein diet have
traditionally gathered plant food which WAS naturally available in their
harsh environment... grasses, tubers, roots, stems, berries and seaweed;
collected and preserved depending on the season and location.

Eating exclusively ZC seems to be a modern-day construct just as veganism
is.

There is genetic evidence that the Eastern Woodland Native American nations
carry a common gene with the cave painters of southern France suggesting
that during the last major ice-age people migrated by 'ice hopping' to the
north American continent about 17,000 years ago.

OTOH... present day Inuit inhabiting the arctic regions of Canada and
Greenland are the descendents of the people who spread from western Alaska
around 1000 AD. Warfare between them and the nations to their south
continued until VERY recently...

ZC [or even almost] does not seem to inoculate one against warfare.

Dedy

From: "Geoffrey Purcell" <[log in to unmask]> Sent: 11 February 2010
14:54

re Dedy's comment re sleep:- I would have to concur, given evidence from
past posts of that member. But , aside from that, I think I read once about
a study which showed that humans who slept in caves had an entirely
different waking-sleeping cycle by comparison to those who slept outdoors,
something like 36 hours asleep, 12 hours awake or the other way around. Not
that this means palaeolithic man slept in caves, they seem actually to have
used them mainly for rituals/paintings. And then there was some vague
mention of 1 or 2 researchers who spent lengthy times(years?) in caves, who
had some unusual experiences. Google isn't adequate for searching for such
unusual aspects. Does anyone have some info re this?

For my own part, my personal experience tends to show that sleeping from
dusk to dawn was not a likely occurrence in palaeo times, since if I do
sleep from fall of night, I usually wake up well before dawn. Plus, there's
the fact that some humans, myself included(despite some shortsightedness),
have very good night-vision.

Geoff

We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us
now
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/=