From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:30:34 EST
In a message dated 1/7/99 10:29:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 >I have a question--  I will be having my gallbladder removed this
 >Friday,
 Can't you get a 2nd opinion or a 3rd and 4th? The gallbladder is a very
 important organ. We are on this list to eat to get well and let food be thy
 medicine and all that. Can't you give the diet a little more time? Those
 surgeons just want to take everything out: tonsils, adenoids, appendix,
 tumours, breasts...If they had their way, we wouldn't have anything left.
 Are you sure this is necessary? Also, the cost!!!  These guys are cleaning
 up!!!
 If we give out bodies enough time and nourishment, they will heal!
 Surgery is not paleo is it?

 Paleoprocrastinate please, >>

I know of at least one person who ate mostly raw and was able to avoid gall
bladder surgery. My understanding is that in most cases, diet can enable you
to avoid surgery.

Those tonsillectomies they routinely did (on me too) are now being implicated
in the development of MS. I also would worry very much about losing my
gallbladder. Please try everything first- even a fast might help.

If youre interested in more raw there is a list that could support you in
this. email me if you want to subscribe.

love
sandy