Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:51:41 +1100
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrienne Smith

I have been trying very high fat, moderate protein, low carb with zip
results in terms of weight loss.   I just don't know what to do.  I feel
satiated and more energetic when eating more saturated fat, but I simply
cannot get the scale to budge even though I've added 1 hour of exercise per
day.  This is very discouraging.  Any middle aged paleo gals out there have
any suggestions for what has worked for them??

I am a middle aged paleo gal who can't budge an ounce unless I do a fat
fast. That is about 1000 - 1200 calories, 90% of which are fat. Trouble is I
can never sustain it for longer than 2 days and am so hungry afterwards that
I usually regain the weight within a week or so. But maybe you can tolerate
it better than me.
As for feeling hungry after the fish breakfast have you considered that it
might be due to the very low satiety of fish? Fish has quite a high insulin
index compared to other sources of protein.

Leonie