From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:09:05 -0600
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:43:02 -0600, william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Me too. If we have evolved, then the food of
> paleoman should not be considered suitable for us.
The whole point of paleo eating is that we have *not* evolved
significantly from paleoman.
Paleoman is anybody living before the advent of agriculture.  10,000 years
(or 2,000 for
parts of Europe, or 200 for some indigenous peoples) is not very long
evolutionarily speaking. You could clean up and dress up a Cro-Magnon and
send him out on the city streets and nobody would notice any difference.
(Except the Cro-Magnon of course, who would be stunned if not horrified by
how we live.)

But paleoman shows clear signs of having evolved from earlier hominins,
and other mammals before that.  There is a fairly complete fossil record
of pre-modern humans, unless you have religious reasons for not believing
it. But we're talking 1.5 to 2 million years ago.

	Lynnet