From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:27:10 -0500
I intended to send this only to Dori but got a message that her hotmail
was down.  So what the heck...

Dori: "I'm sure there are some people who CAN eat a little grain here and there
and do just fine, but I'm sure as hell not one of 'em."

Jim: "You and I are separated at birth.  I couldn't agree more.

An honest question for you.  Please be brutally honest in your reply. Have
I missed something or have both the Eades (you know I love their work) and
Dr. Cordain set up for catastrophic failure those like us who are so
sensitive to grains -- and I believe the majority of those who seek out
their work fall into this category --  with their "allowance" of some
grain consumption?  In other words, I'm new to the diet and want to see
some improvement in health with minimal effort, so I do the hedonist
approach.  Although there's a world of health waiting for me out there, I
may never see it because of my ignorance that giving up the grain
altogether will give me 95% of the health benefits.  Seeing little
results, I backslide and eventually quit.

Does that make sense?  It's why I recommend complete abstention for a
period of at least a few weeks before adding limited grains and dairy back
into the diet.

Apologies to the Eades in particular, but it bugs the fool out of me!"