From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:58:40 -0700
At 10:12 PM 08/04/1999 +0100, Thomas wrote:
> and some
>faut-crab (prob. cod and prob. okay maybe excepting the food coloring).

A lot of faux-crab, or "krab" <grin> comes from my area of Oregon.
It is made of Pacific whiting, which used to be thrown away, since an
enzyme in it caused it to soften and be unpalatable before it
could be sold. Now it is refrigerated and treated to get rid of the
enzyme, and thoroughly processed into "krab", with lots of red food
coloring and other additives. I believe it also has wheat in it, for
those of us of a celiac disposition.

No, I don't eat it, though there are a lot of worse processed foods
out there, I suppose.

Susan Kline