From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:42:45 -0500
Heehee, I don't think the occasional cigar is going to kill anyone.  At
least I hope not...

The first few bites, you'll think it's not.  Eat it for awhile and the
other stuff will taste positively awful should you try to switch back.  At
least it did for me.  I got some pepper-flavored uncured bacon at a organic
foods place nearby and it was great.  I tried regular bacon after a few
weeks and it tasted really salty and harsh.

Problem is, it's not cheap.  It costs a bit more than regular bacon.  And
since it's also tougher to get than regular bacon, it's tough to stick with
it.  I guess if you can afford to buy a bunch at a time it would be better.

Take care,
John Pavao

Oh, well, I guess I'll just add it to my list of other daily carcinogens
(wine, cigars).

I'll check out some organic bacon, and see if it's worth the switch.  It's
a lot easier for me (and cheaper) just to buy regular bacon at the
supermarket.  Does it taste like regular bacon?