From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:30:14 -0700
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:00:58 -0700, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Also termed by some people 'fast burners'.
>
>> Other people ('slow burners')
>
>I assume these are terms from the Protein Power book.
>Do they have a "test" to determine which category you
>most likely fall under?

They are not from Protein Power, and in fact, to my knowledge there is no
scientific substantiation for these concepts.

In fact, there are no people for whom high carb and low fat are better, because
fat is essential to human physiology and carb isn't.

And excessive carbs eventually leads to disruptions in insulin mechanism for
everyone (although exercise reduces that effect), there is no "genetic immunity"
to the processes involved.

--
Cheers,

Ken