From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:05:33 -0500
Kristina K. Carlton:
> > Subject: PCOS
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody here struggle with PCOS and had positive results with
> > paleo?... From a paleo standpoint what can I do to get my body
> > to ovulate again? I am trying to get away from taking supplements
> > and have been reducing what I was taking slowly but surely. I
> > should add that I am almost 41 years old, have had a hysterectomy
> > and only have one ovary left. I have also been told I have adrenal
> > fatigue. ... Thanks in advance!!!!

PCOS and adrenal fatigue have both been associated with highly glycemis
carbs like wheat and other grains. Here is another low-carb testimonial:

Atkins Diet
http://www.thefamilycorner.com/forums/archive/index.php3/t-1674.html

brayg
05-19-2002, 01:18 PM

<<I low carbed for 1 1/2 years. In the first 7 months I lost 70 lbs and
never felt better. I have maintained now for over a year. I have PCOS and
wasn't able to conceive again after my son was born in Dec. 1995. Since
losing the weight and getting my insulin levels down to normal, I am now
pregnant! :) This "diet" (I hate that word) has given me back my life and I
can't say enough about it. It does get tiring if you let it. You have to be
creative. You may even need to take a break from it at times, but after
trying diet after diet from the time I was 8 years old, I finally found what
worked. Although I cannot "low carb" while pregnant, I CAN make better
choices with the knowledge I have. Also, you should exercise. That also
makes a big difference. :)>>

However, be aware that not everyone is guaranteed to have equally amazing
results.