From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:12:35 -0400
I was reviewing Eades’ Protein Power Lifeplan and saw again their
endorsement of Carlson’s (lemon flavor) cod liver oil.  They say throw out
what cannot be used within two or three weeks.  At a teaspoon or two per
day, mine lasts months.  I cannot bring myself to pitch it b/c it doesn’t
taste or smell rancid at all but perhaps the tremendous masking of taste
accomplished by the lemon they add masks rancidity.  I recall Rachel Matesz
(I think) suggesting topping the opened bottle off with a little water but
wouldn’t the water just end up under the lighter oil??  I do keep mine
refrigerated and see no admonition on the bottle re shelf life.  Any
suggestions?
P.S. Is anyone familiar with the Rob Faigin book, Natural Hormonal
Enhancement?  Endorsements/ criticism?  He advocates cycling low carb days
with a periodic high carb meal.

Rick Strong