Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 14:06:43 -0600
So almost every low carb plan out there includes plenty of non-paleo
foods.  I thought I'd try an experiment to see what effect the
following foods might have on me while low carbing: corn, coffee,
beans/legumes, chocolate, and dairy.  (No need for me to try out wheat
or other gluten grains.  I already know what effect they have).

I've been doing this for abour six weeks and the results have been
quite interesting.  I was able to lose weight when consuming these
foods singularly or mixed.  But whether combined or not, all of these
food caused me very similar reactions, to feel, well, old.  My energy
levels were sapped.  My joints ached mildly.  I won't recount all
gastrointestinal effects other than to say they were abnormal compared
to when I'm strict paleo.  I've just felt older, no better way to
describe it.

Informal, yes.  But an interesting experiment.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com